Studying in the USA

Get ready to study in the USA!

What would you like to study?

Language studies

University studies

Types of Visa for students in the USA

There are two types of visas for people who want to study in the United States. The F visa, which corresponds to academic studies and the M visa, which is not an academic visa but to access vocational studies. Before requesting a visa for studying in the USA, the future student must be accepted in a school, which will send him or her a form (I-20M or I-20) after acceptance. This document must be attached to the corresponding visa request form.

Can I apply for a job with a student visa?

If you have an F-1 visa (which is for academic studies) you can work up to 20 hours per week. It is possible to work full time during holidays seasons. The job must always be performed within the University campus, it can only be done outside as long as the work place is related to the university (like a library or a laboratory, for example). The job must also correspond to a University service. Once the course studies finish, such a job must end too.